Area Rug Cleaning
In-Plant Rug Cleaning is recommended for Oriental Rugs and loose woven rugs. They should not be cleaned on location like wall to wall carpet. Steemer Express cares for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world. We will pick your rug up and bring it to our special cleaning plant where it will receive a very thorough cleaning to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your rug cleaned in our plant allows us to give it several treatments for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools that are not available on location.
Caring for your Area Rug
Rotation: To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
Vacuuming: Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater
bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
Padding: A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
Spot and Spill Procedures: Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set.
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain.
- Then spot-clean with a mild detergent-white vinegar-water solution. Do-not over wet.
- Rinse area thoroughly with water and a small amount of vinegar. Avoid wetting the rug’s backing.
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Allow to air dry. A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
- For stains that do not come out using these methods, call for expert advice from one of our cleaning specialists.